I am an expert procrastinator. I have been honing this skill since I have been old enough to have tasks I was supposed to complete.
I am sitting at WestJet working on this paper, because I have been kicked out of the house due to showings of the condo. I slept in and almost did not get out in time, my plan B would have been to just pull the covers over my head and pretend to not be there. Anyhow. Please see attached my list of professional procrastination.
- Write a blog post
- Text someone and offer them $5 to write the paper for you
- Check Facebook
- Buy a coffee
- Email a friend
- Email a book keeping client
- Check bank balance
- Maybe something new happened on Facebook. Thanks to my mom, something has.
- Text someone else – since first person has not responded
- Walk to garbage can – discard orange peel.
- Email Jen.
- Check MLS – you never know when a new house will go on the market. Or a new condo that is competition for ours.
- Re-invest Kiva balance in a new loan.
- Search for new podcast (Dan Savage, Stuff you Should Know, The Moth)
Follow these steps and you can successfully waste at least 30 minutes.