I can not believe it is December 13! I have no clue where the time has gone again and the idea of trying to get anything done before Christmas seems near impossible. So, I might not even try.
Instead I am going to start my list of goals for 2012. Why? Because I am 100% goal orientated and need to set some new ones with a built in time limit – 1 year.
- This year so far, I have logged 1200 kilometres running on my Garmin. Goal for 2012 is to log 2000 running kilometres.
- New activity. Running is great but I think that I need to find something to supplement it. I am debating between Bikram Yoga and starting to cycle more seriously.
- Decrease/maintain body fat percentage. At last reading, my body fat percentage was at 18% which is consider “athlete” level. I think since vacation that this might have changed so I want to get to and/or maintain 18%
- I want to have a garden this year. I am already thinking about where I want my raised flower beds to grow vegetables.
- I want to finally hang some photos. Now I know, this sounds like easy stuff. But I really want to finally make the home seem homey. Photos to me are the first step.
- I want to get back in the routine of making more of my own food. I use to make nearly everything in my house from scratch. Instead of granola bars, I would have bags of oats, agave syrup and flax seed to make my own. I want to get more into this habit (as Dani allows it)
- I have been trying to practice gratitude. Each day I am trying to remember and acknowledge one thing that I am grateful for. I want to make this an essential part of my day.
- I am going to make a better effort to stay in touch with my friends that don’t live in Calgary. This will mean getting over my fear of the phone and calling people. This is quite a big deal. I *hate* talking on the phone.
- I am going to spend more time reading. I really miss reading. It warms my heart and brings me joy. Since I also thrive with metrics, I am going to say that I would like to read 20 books this year. (this isn’t a lot really – I have a friend whose goal is to read 52)
So that rounds it out. Now I have written it down. So it shall be. Bring on 2012!