2013 has arrived! I am so excited for change that I can hardly contain myself. I really truly feel that this year is going to be the year that everything changes.
I was reading a blog post the other day about resolutions. It talked about some habits to try to incorporate. These are some of the ones that I have decided that I am going to try to incorporate.
- Intentionally laugh everyday – this should be easy. And because it is so easy I wanted to add it to my list! Honestly though, laughter is a great stress reliever and brings joy – so why not.
- Practice solitude – find time alone on a regular basis. No books, no music, no technology. There is an open mediation class here in Calgary that I am going to try. Mostly out of curiosity.
- Make gratitude a discipline – thank someone or something everyday. I think that when you are trying to frame your mind to look out for something to be grateful for – your mood and outlook automatically changes.
- Eat more vegetables – serious. Dani and I eat pretty healthy but I want to really try to start snacking on vegetables instead of yogurt.
- Date Night – once a month I have made Dani commit to a date night. It is going to be rotating who decides what the date is each month. I think this will also be a good way for us to get out of the house and find some new things in Calgary. First date night, Calgary Science Centre Adult Only night. YAY!
I did not too bad on the things that I said that I would do last year. I completed another marathon. I actually ran less kilometers in 2012 then I did in 2011. It shocks me. I think I completed at least 20 books last year which is up significantly from 2011. A trend that I am continuing eagerly this year (already 2 books completed in 2013!)
2013 – will be a year of change, accomplishments, happiness and memories!