It has now been one month since I quit my job to travel (much less for Dani). I was chatting with someone the other day and they were asking so does it seem real now? I thought about it for a bit and realized that it still doesn’t really seem real. I suppose that is what it is like when you ‘are living the dream’ I keep thinking that I will wake up.
The things I have learned so far are:
– people are pretty adaptable. Dani and I arrived in Istanbul and things seemed different but the same. We just figured it out and after about a day felt somewhat comfortable in our new surroundings
– you are never too old to learn and try new things. Ever. Don’t let fear get in the way.
– Dani might have been right about the backpack
– bus rides are fun…only for the first 4
– I need more baklava in my life
– I miss reading. I read at home but not as much as I would like. I have already finished 2 books in the past 10 days!
Our time in Turkey is just about done. On to Morocco!